Thursday, July 5, 2012

Last year, in 2011 I had hoped to do the Oriflamme 50k (http://www.oriflamme50k.com/) with  a friend I met from kids soccer. He had mentioned the race and run it several times and after running roughly 1/2 a dozen marathons, I decided I should take the next gradual step. Unfortunetly life events got in the way, training went the way of the Dodo and so did the race. Noble Canyon in September was next on the radar. Again, life, and work had me "out of the state"  through  the end of the year.

2012 started with a few of the XTERRA trail run series which are great trail racesclose to 10 mile s a piece. My goal was to break into the top 15 of my age group and then move on to RnR San Diego on the way to Noble Canyon again. The first 2 XTERRAs of the year in Jan, Feb crushed me as I learned real quick that I am not good at hills. Hills are actually ok, its the climbing like a Mtn Goat that kills me, In March I did break into the top 10 and that was the time I decided to push for Noble Canyon.

After running my first Ragnar Relay - So Cal in April (www.ragnarrelay.com), another great experience, I had a couple of soccer injuries and setup backs that made me think it wan'st going to happen again. But, July 1st registration opened for NC50k, and I immediately signed up.

This blog will be used to track what I experience and how I feel up to, through and after race day for the 2012 Noble Canyon 50k. This will be my first Ultra-marathon at a distance of 31 miles, with 4,300 feet of climbing between 3500 -7000' elevation! www.noblecanyon50k.com

No comments:

Post a Comment